Steptoes Dog Vintage Wares

Where I have a little cogitate on all things vintage ......

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Sweet Memories

A few years ago a friend gave me a lovely hard back notebook and I decided to start compiling a recipe book. It's going well, I've got Granny's fail safe scones, Mum's chocolate pudding and my friend Debi's scrumptious pear and ginger cake (just perfect at this time of year). The thing is my recipe book is almost entirely cake and pudding! It got me thinking that it's the sweet things, the treats, that make us feel the most nostalgic. Will I ever find that magical combination of equipment and skill to recreate my Granny's baking?

Click here to see our vintage kitchen department




As a new Mum I've discovered all sorts of new responsibilities. One of the nicer ones has to be providing birthday cakes! Why not try your hand at some stylish icing with this fabulous forties icing set by Tala. You can always have a tube of smarties at the ready just in case!





Those of you with allotments, or friends or relatives with one, will know that food is plentiful at this time of year. Bowls full of apples and pears are filling my kitchen. What better time to discover some new recipes.

Click here to browse our antique & vintage cookery books.

Who knows maybe one day someone will strive to recreate the magic of my baked treats!